- Why do two persons with same illness receive different treatments?
Ayurveda considers the unique constitution of each person and recommends different regimens for each. Because of this, two persons with the same illness may receive entirely different treatments.
- Are heavy metals present in Ayurvedic medicines?
Heavy metals poisoning in ayurvedic medicines are mostly due to the improper purification. We use mostly herbal combinations in which the ingredients are grown in a clean & natural habitat. Their quality is closely monitored and checked through approved methods.
- What is prakruthi?
Prakruthi or body type of a person is determined at the time of conception based on the combinations of Panchabhuta. This manifests in the body with differing dominance of Vata, Pitha and Kapha.
- Do you use modern diagnostic services in your centers?
To get a better idea about the patients condition, we utilize modern diagnostic methods like blood tests etc. If required, the patient will be sent to the nearest hospital for the tests.
- Do I need to follow a vegetarian diet during ayurvedic treatment?
Usually vegetarian diet is recommended. While doing ayurvedic treatments the digestive fire of a person can be less. It has to be utilized to digest both food & medicines. It also helps in supporting the body by cleansing it during the ayurvedic treatment.
- What is your admission policy?
Rajah Ayurveda admit patients only for treatment purpose. Regarding accompanying person, the centers follow the accepted guidelines as in other hospitals.
- Do you advice a split stay between your 3 centers ?
Options to split your stay within Rajah Healthy Acres, Rajah Island and Rajah Beach is possible based on the availibility and concerned Doctors permission.
- What is your opinion on pulse diagnosis?
Pulse Diagnosis - Examination of pulse is only one of the methods to get an idea about the balance and imbalance of doshas in a patient’s body and mind. It will not give a complete picture of the imbalance in a person’s body. Other diagnostic tools are also used by our doctors.
- Why are heavy work outs prohibited during the treatment period?
Physical & mental exertion should be avoided or minimized during ayurvedic treatments. So vigorous physical exercise like jogging, swimming, cycling, weight training etc will not be allowed during some treatments.
- Which airport do I have to book my flight to and who collects me at the airport?
The Cochin International Airport (COK) is the nearest airport to our three centers. Transfer from Cochin International Airport (COK) to our centre costs 60 USD (one way). Our staff will wait for you outside the airport terminal with a placard with your name on it.
- Are any vaccinations necessary?
There are no obligatory vaccinations for India. Kerala is not known as an area for Malaria. From our experience, we are not aware of any case of malaria in our premises and environs. Please consult your GP before you travel.
- Whether Ayurvedic treatments are possible during menstruation?
During menstruation, major Ayurvedic treatments are not advisable.
- .Do I have to bring my medical reports during consultation?
Yes, you can either bring all relevant medical records or email us prior to the visit.
- Can I undergo all the 5 Panchakarma?
All the five processes will not be necessary for a single person at a time. Doctor will select the Karma according to patients health conditions and Doshas.
- Can I do Yoga everyday during treatment?
Yoga and meditation are part our treatment programm.They can be specific or general as the case may be. Doctors will include yoga in your treatment courses depending upon your condition and its compatibility with various Ayurvedic treatments.